Family

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bye, Roo!


The year we had you back in Kansas went much too quickly. A lot happened ... we lost Grandma, Natalie began to talk, Zoe learned to read, Abbie started playing basketball, Anne got a haircut from hell, Doug discovered the joy of gardening, a new life began.

We certainly shared a lot of big moments. But it's the simple ones I will forever cherish. Natalie squealing, "Roo, Roo!" whenever you walked in the door after work. Sipping wine while we debated the true meaning of the Bread of Life gospel passage in the backyard. Making salsa. Eating hummus. Going for walks. Pizza nights. Guitar lessons.

My brother came to live with me and my family last January. And one year later, one of my best friends moved back to California. Thank you for being both of these special people in my life. I love you.

2 Comments:

  • OK, as I'm wiping the tears....we will miss you so much. Know that we all love you very much.

    By Blogger BigSis1, at 1:29 PM  

  • What a great year we did have. Your guys'love and support has meant the world to me-- without it I'd be lost. Thank you!

    Things I will always remember:
    Lucas whizzing on your bag. Big Fat Kitty getting lost then reappearing weeks later. Playing hide and seek with the Abbie, Zoe, Josie and AJ. Going to the DMB concert with Doug. Hearing Nat yell "Roo." Escaping work to have wonderful lunches at Bella Luna with you. You telling me you would kick Amy's ass for me. And playing guitar with you singing for Grandma.

    By Blogger AZ, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home