Family

Friday, December 01, 2006

Fa, la, la, la, la



December 1? Last I knew it was July 4. This year has gone way too fast!

Ahhh ... at left is part of our annual attempt at getting a photo with all three girls looking at the camera and smiling for the Christmas card pic. This was the runner-up ... if all goes well, I'll have the winning edition on photo cards and in the mail to all of you soon.

Speaking of Christmas holiday traditions ... have been listening to the all Christmas station today. I'm temped to change it right now as a Jamaican version of "Mary's Boy Child" is about to push me over the edge. But in that vein, thought it would be fun for us to share our favorite Christmas carols.

Traditional: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; and isn't Christmas without singing Joy to the World

Popular: I really love Harry Belafonte's version of "Mary's Boy Child" and Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo"

4 Comments:

  • Favorite X-mas songs: We Three Kings, The First Nowell, Happy Christmas(War is Over)-John Lennon, Little Drummer Boy.

    By Blogger AZ, at 1:25 PM  

  • Favorite Christmas songs: O Holy Night, Gabriel's Message by Sting, Carol of the Bells and Mary Did you Know?

    By Blogger BigSis1, at 8:02 AM  

  • Hey Mom did you look at the book I sent with you about the orgins of Christmas songs????
    K.

    By Blogger BigSis1, at 8:07 AM  

  • Okay, I have seem to have lost out here lately. Forget about this thing. In fact, I had to get a new password. I am so bad about remembering them. Here goes my favs: Do You Hear What I Hear, Holy Darkness, and anything else that doesn't start out with the words, Oh Christmas Tree!

    By Blogger Mama, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home